Monday 6 April 2015

REWARD FOR GENEROSITY

  

REWARD FOR GENEROSITY                                Tuesday April 7, 2015

Text: Proverbs 11:25                                           Memory verse: v 25

We shouldn’t give ourselves trouble about the reward of our lives rather we should do our duty faithfully, and lovingly, all the days; then God will reward our fidelity. Knowledge of this truth will help us to live well and overcome greed and all other vices associated with wealth acquisition. This text suggests that the generous will be rewarded for their services of love rendered to the needy because they did for God. No true service done in this world in Christ’s name will fail of blessings and rewards. Even the acts which seem to have been of no avail will leave a benediction somewhere.

Helen Hunt Jackson writes: “I am a humble pensioner, myself, for my daily bread; shall I forget my brothers who seem in greater need? I know not how it happened that I have more than they, unless God meant that I should give a part away. The humblest wayside beggar and I have wants the same, close side by side we walked when God called out one name. So, brother, it but happened the name he called was mine; the food was given for both – here, half of it is thine.” If your kind word or deed blesses no other, the doing of it will bless your heart. Though your efforts do no good to the one you meant to help, it may touch another life. Our wayside seed-sowing is not lost.

Food for Thought: When you are not liberal with what you have now, you cannot be liberal if he had more. Always share what you have.

Prayer: God, grant me a generous heart and never to be stingy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awake From Sleep: Devotion for Friday October 9, 2020

MY DAILY COVENANT WITH GOD DEVOTIONAL Devotion for Friday October 9, 2020 Topic: Awake From Sleep                                Text...